We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Cassandra and phalconPHP

Hi Guys Does phalconPHP support Cassandra yet? If not has anyone else managed to get it working with phalconPHP? Also if its not supported, is it in the roadmap?

Are you looking for a native driver ? If so , no Phalcon doesn't have one .

Why are you considering using Cassandra?

A client we are doing some work for is using Cassandra as their database. They run 10s of millions transactions a day and need 100% uptime. Cassandra seem to out perform mysql on this specific uptime consisntacy 10-1. I have watched extensive videos on this and cant seem to agree that this makes sense for them. So for them we will have to use it. So trying to find if phalcon supports it, which you say it doesnt, and if not trying to find the best php library to use. Some of the applications we develop for ourselves are running a few million transactions a day too. Based on the work we will do for the client we might switch over our databases too.

Accepted
answer

Well I also have experience with Cassandra; I'm moving away from it cause of the lack of native php extension. They company that supports cassandra is invested in ruby,python etc , minus php -_-.

So if your going to use cassandra, I would recommend this extension https://github.com/Orange-OpenSource/YACassandraPDO . It's develop by orange France.

And if it does handle you're need I would go then with a PHP phpcassa , others.

Hi, I am looking for cassandra solution on phalcon too, I want to see if you have decided to use cassandra at the end? and how was it performed? did you write your own adapter to connect it?

Thanks

A client we are doing some work for is using Cassandra as their database. They run 10s of millions transactions a day and need 100% uptime. Cassandra seem to out perform mysql on this specific uptime consisntacy 10-1. I have watched extensive videos on this and cant seem to agree that this makes sense for them. So for them we will have to use it. So trying to find if phalcon supports it, which you say it doesnt, and if not trying to find the best php library to use. Some of the applications we develop for ourselves are running a few million transactions a day too. Based on the work we will do for the client we might switch over our databases too.

We ended up not using cassandra for the time being because of the lack of support with phalcon