We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

phalcon.so doesn't appear to be a valid Zend extension

Hey,

I am trying to install PhalconPHP, it compiles just fine but won't be loaded and running "php -m" prints the error message:

/usr/lib/php5/20121212/phalcon.so doesn't appear to be a valid Zend extension

System: Ubuntu 14.10 x64, PhalconPHP 1.2.6 (from Git Repo), PHP 5.5.12-2ubuntu4

phpize -v: PHP Api Version: 20121113, Zend Module Api No: 20121212, Zend Extension Api No: 220121212

I tried compiling from the /build directory aswell as from /build/64bits and /build/safe and I added a 30-phalcon.ini with extension=phalcon.so to /etc/php5/conf.d/

Thanks in advance for any help!

PhalconPHP 1.2.6 is deprecated Actual version is 1.3.3. Try to use it.

edited Oct '14

I would but I cannot since we haven't yet migrated our project to 1.3 and don't currently have the time to do so.

I was checked installation Phalcon 1.2.6 on Ubuntu 14.04 64. All works. Check your installation logs

Accepted
answer

It seems that Phalcon is being loaded with zend_extension=phalcon.so instead of extension=phalcon.so

I am so dump. -.-

I first wrote zend_extension=phalcon.so into the ini file, copied it to cli and fpm config folder and then changed it in the fpm config file only.

Thanks very much. =)

edited Feb '15

Hello

I'm trying to install phalcon ...

I ran the following as root:

yum install php5-dev php5-mysql gcc yum install git-core git clone git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git
cd cphalcon/build
./install

Everything worked just fine, no errors or warnings. I then went to my dev subdomain in plesk, I added extension=phalcon.so below mongo.so (these are the only 2 additional extensions I need).

I then restarted httpd (service httpd restart), everything fine.

However, the phalcon.so extension doesn't show up in my loaded modules.

Any clue?

php -m doesn't show any error/warning either and zend_extension=phalcon.so didn't do it either.

Edit: I nailed it. I forgot this step:

Centos/RedHat/Fedora: Add a file called phalcon.ini in /etc/php.d/ with this content:

extension=phalcon.so

I considered only changing php.ini would do it. Anyway, thx :)