We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

about

I have a question, use Phalcon\Logger\Adapter\File , the log increase to a quantity, whether it will generate another log file? i don't try. thanks

it will append to end of file but you can rotate log file each hour/day/month etc

Accepted
answer
edited Nov '14

You can use a logic like this

<?php
        $loggerPath = "../app/logs/sql.log";

// size greater than 3 MB
        if (filesize($loggerPath) > 3000000) {

// increment older log files
            for ($i = 10; $i > 0; $i--) {

if (file_exists('../app/logs/sql.' . $i . '.log')) {
                    rename('../app/logs/sql.' . $i . '.log', '../app/logs/sql.' . ($i + 1) . '.log');
                }
            }

// delete eleventh file if it exists
            if (file_exists('../app/logs/sql.11.log')) {
                unlink('../app/logs/sql.11.log');
            }

rename($loggerPath, '../app/logs/sql.1.log');
        }

$logger = new FileLogger("../app/logs/sql.log", array('mode' => 'a'));

This is only a quick test implementation ;-) It will keep 10 files with max 3 MB size.

If this is on a Linux system, the proper way to rotate the logs would be to use the log rotate daemon.

I thought Phalcon\Logger\Adapter\File own mechanism . do not written the logic of file size.. thanks

@YangHuiFor - Do you still need something like this? I'm actually developing a logger that does this (ie: emulates log rotate daemon) with some colour coding so you can easily tail -f and identify errors much easier.

I'll be releasing it on GitHub soon, but will announce it on the forums anyways.