We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Server/MySQL/PHP requirements

I have looked around the site & docs but can not find any info on server requirements for running Phalcon, especially regarding MySQL. I can find some mixed info regarding supported PHP versions which in one place says "5.x", somewhere else it says, ">= 5.3" and somewhere else it says, ">= 5.4".

I need to redevelop some pretty old, out of date apps on a Centos 5.11 server that is running older versions of PHP and MySQL, because some of the current apps are not compatible with later versions.

The server's current version of MySQL is 4.1.22 and server is running both PHP 4.4.8 (default) & PHP 5.2.9. I may be able to update PHP 5.2.9 to later version. However I can not update MySQL or the default PHP 4.4.8 due to the requirements of the current apps. What I ideally want to do is redevelop the apps using Phalcon, test them at intervals on the production server, roll them out one at a time and then update MySQL, PHP etc.

As I said, I have been unable to find any requirements for MySQL version and only vague requirements for PHP version for either Phalcon 1.x or 2.x. Any info would be greatfully received!

Accepted
answer

The info you need:

• PHP 5.2 was never supported by Phalcon.
  • Phalcon 1.3.x is compatible with PHP 5.3.9 or higher.
  • Phalcon 2.0.x is compatible with PHP 5.3.21 or higher. However it's recommended run it at least in 5.4.22.
  • Phalcon 2.1.x will be only PHP >= 5.4.22 compatible.

Phalcon should work fine with any MySQL >= 4.1.x

Thanks for that info Andres.

The info you need:

• PHP 5.2 was never supported by Phalcon.
  • Phalcon 1.3.x is compatible with PHP 5.3.9 or higher.
  • Phalcon 2.0.x is compatible with PHP 5.3.21 or higher. However it's recommended run it at least in 5.4.22.
  • Phalcon 2.1.x will be only PHP >= 5.4.22 compatible.

Phalcon should work fine with any MySQL >= 4.1.x