I would like to request the Phalcon developers to build a high quality business application showcasing important features like (a representative list, feel free to modfiy or improve):
- Related records - fetching & update
- Showing related records in a single page or/and in multiple tabs
- Using bootstrap tabs to show large table data, i.e. showing large table data in multiple pages/tabs
- Using forms & multiple forms on a page
- Using partials
- Showing a menu in, say a sidebar, fetched from database depending on user permissions, i.e. customized menu for each user depending on his/her rights
- Using conditional debugging code
- User management, rights, groups & roles with screen or field level granularity
The Poll, Invo, Vokuro, Album O'Rama & most of the other apps are too basic & old. The Invo app with tabs doesn't even showcase how to use tabs and update data. All data is hard coded in the example. I hope the Phalcon team has a vision that it must be propagated and used by a large number of developers. In the absence of good tutorials and videos its essential that we provide a good detailed code example. Even StackOverflow has said that documentation must have lots of code examples. I hope you all can understand the urgent need to do this.
I read a post a month or two back where somebody provided a solution to a two-three month old issue but the developer replied saying he had moved out of Phalcon to another framework because he couldn't get enough help. Developers with PHP & MVC background might be comfortable with Phalcon but there are so many developers who are coming from older technologies to PHP & JS.
It shouldn't be too difficult for you experts. Probably a week's effort for you. But it will help hundreds of people. Instead of just coding, coding & bringing out a new version of Phalcon if you put in a fraction of that effort to prepare a good quality real world example showcasing all major features that an application requires, it will go a long way in helping Phalcon. What is the use of all this progress if there are few people who want to use it and very few new ones who come and stay along. I would really like to see some humbleness from Phalcon team and see them actually create the example(s) than defend themselves and deride the need for them.